Thursday, May 23, 2024

The driveway lizard's fate

I think I’ve discovered

the fate of the disappeared

driveway lizard.


A well-chewed body

minus a tail

-I think she ate it-


lay at the base

of the stairs.

-She was proud of it-


But the mystery remains,

how did the poor fellow

get in the house?


Perhaps a prize

brought in last week

when she made her


brief unsanctioned foray

out the poorly closed

front door? 


A toy for a few moments

until she got bored

and the lizard found


refuge somewhere

under the chest of drawers

in the foyer? Or perhaps


beyond claws reach

under the couch

in the living room.


It’s been a week

since the cat’s foray, so

perhaps the bluebelly lizard


thought there was

an opportunity to escape.

Maybe Lizard is called


the Dreamer with good reason.

Mind far away in the moment.
I hope not. Or I’m doomed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment