Sunday, March 16, 2014

break-in


unconcerned
by the plastic owls
with their frozen stares
perched above the roll-up doors,

-i'm no pigeon-
i cut the locks.

the stuffed beaver in the window
stares at me, it's little arms
pressed against the glass.

there's a light over the door.
i hesitate when a moth drew near
then enter the building.

i have a bag of sandwiches,
three cans of acid green,
neon pink and blue spray paint,

and a 32 gig flashdrive
and six hours before anyone
is likely to show up.

2 comments:

  1. Mark - I love your writing - how do you know all that stuff? J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, observation. I've seen the plastic owls on some buildings. sometimes they have owl or hawk sound effects too. and I saw the stuffed beaver friday in the window of an office building across the street. I work in the jackson square 'design district' with all those great old brick buildings that survived the '06 earthquake. Lotta quirk in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete