Thursday, April 17, 2014

Y street

I was walking down Z street
trying to get to Y. so I asked
this guy who was busy

attaching tow away signs
to street lamp poles
for directions.

Y and Z don't intersect
he said. the only way
to get to Y from here
is Main street.

what are you looking for
anyway, Main has
everything and there's
nothing there on Y.

precisely, I said. it looks
to me like Y and Z
converge out there
on the horizon.

are you joking?
that's just an illusion
they never meet.
the only way to get
to Y from here
is take a right on Main.

well I heard there was
another way if you cut over
on Third? You know anything
about that?

sorry, pal, no way.
whoever told you that is nuts
there ain't no Third. take my
advice and hang a right on Main.

thanks anyway,
I guess I'll just keep on
walking out Z, just in case

it meets up with Y
out there on the horizon
or maybe I'll find Third. have
you ever been out that way?

nope. got everything
I need on Main. excuse me
now, I gotta put up these signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment