Thursday, January 18, 2018

The wall


rerun the paragraph.
again again I fail
to untangle cars
from houses or
bananas.

the magazine claims
to reveal the real
substantiated
information
that will shift

the course of history.
I would care more
if time could slip back
a dozen days or so.
before this wall

of inescapable fact
that a never ending flow
of classic movies or
breaking news loops
fails to distract me

from this dark wall.
taller than the ones
on any border,
I know you're in there.
trapped inside your skull.

with a lifetime's,
laughter, tears
and boredom,
christmas mornings
weddings, beaches,

camping trips
and yard work,
arguments about
household chores
and the time I ran away.

I'm glad that you
still laugh and even
managed to make a joke
somehow. before you
slipped back again

behind that wall
fighting to speak
your name or mine
or the month
when you were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment