Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Stuff the mouse has taught me


That I have flame retardant 
in my blood. And plastic.
Seasoning for the soup
of nicotine and bourbon
that I put there myself.

Discovered that
George W. Bush
is a distant cousin.
So is FDR if that's any
consolation.

That I'm descended
from Salem witches
and slave owners.
and the poet Longfellow
if that's any consolation.

And the seas are slowing
becoming more like
vinegar than honey.
And a garbage patch
of shoes and refrigerators,
shopping bags and soda bottles
swirls out there in the blue.

There are Russian women
who are eager to meet me.
With just a few questions first
on the subject of money.
Better deals can be had
in Cambodia or Rwanda.

Kansas has ruled that
a dog can't run for governor.
Which is too bad, he might win.
Unless he ran against a cat.
Either would be better
than the rats who rule it now.

There is a twiitter feed
for news story headlines
that start with "Florida man"
and I don't even have to wonder
what that says about things
that happen in Florida.

Most likely it will involve
poor decisions involving
an alligator, an arrest,
drugs, genitals or vehicles.
usually with a mugshot.

It's not all ugly memes and kittens,
I've wandered Chernobyl
and Mars without protective gear
and a wink on a dating site
can last for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment