Sunday, September 8, 2019

Nobody's business


Nobody asked me
If I needed a pest exterminator,
but I got an offer from Terminix.

Maybe they got my name
from the online gun dealer
who sends me this week’s specials

for AR-15s, Smith & Wessons, Glocks, 
and large capacity magazines.
And perhaps they passed

my name to someone who promises
online 100% certified legal
Multi-state concealed carry permits

I’ve been invited to submit an application
to become a hotel receptionist in Cornwall.
And someone named Sarah writes

that she wants to get naked for me.
And apparently there are Russian girls
desperate for a date. Should I send off

for the erection enhancer?
Or the miracle weight loss pill
that claims I could lose

fifty three pounds in seven days?
I might need to try the portable oxygen
generator.  And forget about the coupons

from KFC and McDonalds. Try instead
the twelve tips about foods that fight dementia.
But before I write back to those desperate Russian girls

I better read up the website that says
it has the truth about Herpes.
If all goes well with the nine million Euros

that have been added to my account
I can book a hotel suite in Belgrade,
that some algorithm thinks I’ve been searching for.

Or maybe I should purchase
that luxury condominium
in Maharashtra, India.

I wonder if they have one of the many
smart home monitoring systems
whose promotions fill my in box.

Smart home monitoring for smart people
like me, especially now that I get a daily
word of the day from Word Genius.

Today’s word was mendacious.
An apt term for most of these solicitations
all I did was buy some shoes and a coat

that doesn’t fit. It was a Japanese-style
embroidered coat so perhaps that’s why
I’m asked if I want to meet Asian girls.

It’s enough to tempt me to try
some flavor of the many CBD oils
now on the market. Do those get you high?

Well at least I no longer get mistaken
for some sheriff in Tennessee.
But some algorithm believes

that I’m the parent of of a student
at a private school somewhere in England
where I’ve been assured that the uniforms are brilliant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment