Thursday, November 6, 2014

taxi service (12)

Bobby’s rollin’ up Edison.
Pulls off in a dark spot along the railroad tracks.
The Dominos are cookin’ the airwaves:

Look a here girls I’m telling you now
They call me Lovin’ Dan
I rock ‘em, roll ‘em all night long
I’m a sixty minute man.......

Ruthie says what are you stoppin’ here for?
Bobby grunts, licks his teeth, shuts off the car.
I don’t need sixty minutes, five’s plenty
if you know what you’re doing.

Ah shit, not again, Bobby, it ain’t right.
Ain’t right? ain’t right you livin’
in that house and gettin’ all these free rides.
It’s time to pay your way, baby.

......be fifteen minutes of squeezing
then fifteen minutes of blowing my.....

C’mon now. Only take a few minutes. Don’ even
hafta take your clothes off, just scootch on over here.
I know you was engaged to that boy up in Teviston.
Don’t tell me you never done nothin’ with him.

We were engaged, Bobby. This ain’t the same at all.
You’re engaged to Loretta, don’t you have no shame?

Loretta do what I tell her. She don’t need to know
‘bout this. Just five minutes and we’re even til next week.

I already paid her the rent money.

Well you ain’t paid me.

It’s her house. And she’s the one who asked me to come down here.
Why’d she do that? To fool around with you? I don’t think so.
I told you before. I didn’t say nothing to Loretta,
but I will if you keep houndin’ me.

Don’t you even think about tellin’ her.

I won’t. ‘less you keep this up.
Now I’m gonna be late if you don’t start this car.

You saving it for that white boy? Loretta told me about him.
Drives that hopped up heap? What you think he’s after?
Pussy hound for sure. Tell you what.
I bet he’s got some real folding money.
Why should you give it up for free?
Tell him you’ll do him for ten dollars and give five to me.
Consider that my fee for all this taxi service I’ve been providing.

You’re disgusting, Bobby. I ain’t no whore. I’d rather walk.
I know Loretta turns tricks for you, she can’t hardly hide the fact.
But she warned me about you. She’s tryin’ to look out for me.
I got dreams of something better and she wants to help me.

Dreams? You think that white boy gonna satisfy your dreams?
Shit. You are livin’ in a dream world, for sure.
Take my advice and get that boy to pay.
You could make good money, more’n cleanin’ up
the barf and shit off the sheets at the hospital.

I don’t care Bobby. I’m saving my money for nursing school.
I’ll clean all the shit off the sheets I have to to get there.

School? Ain’t you had enough school?

No. I did really well in school. I like school.

Oh yeah? You sure don’t sound like you did.
You sound sound like any other poor ass cotton picker I know.

That’s right Bobby. That’s the way I talk to you.
Only thing you understand.

Uh huh, You save your school talk for white folks?
They don’t give a good godamn how you talk,
you still just a coon ass cotton picker.
Trust me girl, I know ‘em and I’m telling you.
That boy is only after one thing.
Gettin’ your panties round your ankles
and stickin’ his dick up your snatch.

You’re so nasty, Bobby. You truly are.

That’s right honey, that’s what the ladies like about me
-no bullshit with Bobby Flash.

Not for me. How bout you flash me on down
to the hospital before I get fired?

Yeah, ok. This time. But you think about how you gonna pay me.
Longer you hold out, the more you gonna owe.
Your choice baby, gimme the cash or your tight little ass.
You gonna pay me ‘fore you do white boys for free.
And don’t go shootin’ your smart mouth off to Loretta,
she’s gonna have to go along on this with me.
Take my word for it, baby. she always do.

Only thing you gonna use that mouth on is me.

1 comment:

  1. the whole story in order is here: http://fractalremnants.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-bakersfield-story-whole-thing-in_17.html

    ReplyDelete