Monday, May 20, 2013

the spider in my mind



the spider in my mind

the spider in my mind whispers:
the security apparatus has stolen my toothbrush.

and they have a machine
that will take my DNA off the bristles

and feed that into a harvester of the code
for meat and guts and bone.

then they take the code, see?
and that goes to a 3D biological printer

and out comes me.
without a soul or history

i think it might have already happened.
not to me or you of course

but you know……..there are people out there
who kinda seem that way, know what i mean?

the spider does. he whispers:
it's a race to the tipping point

don't you see? every species expands
until it reaches its limits.

for us are those the very stuff, even the fluff……
-the entire crust of the planet?

and then the spider says:
but don't despair, it is the same as

our individual lives, we have our reach
and our grasp, and eventually our end.

the real question is:
how do you want to get there?

fighting over the last scraps of food
and the last drops of water?

not to mention:
the furniture, condo, or children.

the spider snickers and scoffs:
it's really simple, you already know!

follow your heart, goofball
and try not to break any others

No comments:

Post a Comment